A Soprano's Scratchpad

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Catching up

Okay, it finally happened... I joined FaceBook. Within three days, I had 100 friends. Unreal. You never realize just how many people you know until you start listing them all! (I'm now up to 163 or something.) It's a very addicting program.

Been a busy time. I am feeling out of touch. I am behind in my email, and the sad thing is that it's the personal emails from good friends that I am behind on. Studio email always gets taken care of, but then I'm too sick of typing and communicating in general to reply to anything else.

Studio recital is this weekend, then a full day of normal teaching on Monday, followed by group lessons in the evening. Then the rest of the week off! I sooo need the break! It will be good to get refreshed so I can be fresh and effective again starting in December.

Oh, good news... I was cast in the chorus of Opera Colorado's upcoming production of The Pearl Fishers. This will be an interesting one to be in because it is not performed very often. It will also be my first fully-staged production with OC. The Flying Dutchman was a concert version, but they still owned me for two solid weeks. This time they will own me almost every evening and weekend for six weeks! It will be intense! In order to do it, I have had to request a 6-week leave of absence from Clare Choir, which (thankfully) I was granted.

Trisket has a cold. He's had it about 6 days now. We tried to wait it out, but today he sneezed up a blood clot. On one hand, Eric says he's got the same stuff coming out of his own nose this week (he has a cold, too), but on the other hand, I've never seen a cat do that, and he's clearly not feeling well, so we'll go get him checked out tomorrow and maybe get him some medicine to make him well. (Oh yes! Cat and medicine! Won't that be fun?) Poor kitty.

And my mom is having neck surgery in a couple of weeks. Not going to offer a lot of details on that for a variety of reasons, but she is having her neck fused to relieve the pressure her four herniated discs are putting on her spinal cord. I welcome prayers for her safety and quick recovery.

Okay, that's probably enough catching up for now. If I don't write much in December, it's because I have at least a dozen holiday singing gigs. And if I don't write much in January or February, it's because I'm living at the DCPA, eating, sleeping and breathing The Pearl Fishers.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home