A Soprano's Scratchpad

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Great Accomplishments in Texting

Do you remember the commercials from last year or so where they talked about breaking the record for the most texts sent in such and such a time? One of them showed a girl brushing her teeth with one hand and texting with the other. It was an advertising gimmick, not for real.

I think I met her real-life equivalent yesterday. I'm teaching a voice lesson, leading my high-school sophomore through warmups, and she stops me with this big grin on her face and tells me that in choir that day while she was singing, she had her phone behind her back, texting her mother a reminder to take her to her voice lesson after school... "and I looked later, and I had only made one typo in the whole message!" Wow.

There's a generation gap here.

1 Comments:

  • At 9/20/2008 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow indeed. When I was in high school, the boldest thing along those lines that I ever did was to complete a single page of vocabulary homework inside my choir folder.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home