A Soprano's Scratchpad

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Welcome to Kearney

I am presently in Kearney, NE for the West-Central Region's annual NATS conference. I am delivering a presentation first thing in the morning. I'm not sure how many people are going to show up for an 8 AM presentation that wasn't announced in the packets they received in advance, but one of the teachers who helped us get settled in the tabulation room this afternoon said he was looking forward to it. They all have to be there by 7:30 AM for the judges meeting anyway, so those not judging at 8 AM might come. Then I am assisting in tabulation for the rest of the two days for the competition portion of the conference. I am hoping to get to see my church choir director, whom I ran into again in Nashville after 20 years. She is a featured master class teacher at our conference. Unfortunately, I don't know that I will be able to get out of tabulation long enough to attend her class, but hopefully I will still get to say hello.

I have this evening to myself, as MM is in meetings until late. To my satisfaction, there appears to be a geocache within a few hundred feet of our hotel, so I might get to add Nebraska to my geocaching map, after all!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home