A Soprano's Scratchpad

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Support my choir... a good idea!

I always like good ideas. Goodsearch is one of the recent good ideas I've come to like. Goodsearch is a search engine like Google or Yahoo (in fact, it is powered by Yahoo), but unlike ordinary search engines, this one gives money to charity every time you use it. More specifically, it gives money to the charity of your choice every time you use it. My choir, the Musicians of Saint Clare, is registered as one of the charities, so every time I do a websearch through Goodsearch, my choir gets a kickback.

At first, I thought it was inconvenient - after all, I could Google so easily from my Google toolbar. But Goodsearch has a toolbar, too. (I LOVE those things. Saves time!)

So, if you'd like to help my choir out, start searching the web with Goodsearch. In the "select a charity" window, enter "Musicians of Saint Clare". (Note the spelling of "Clare".) If you're not interested, ignore this posting completely, and I'll never know the difference...! ;-)

For more information about my choir, visit our website: http://www.mscchoir.org.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home