A Soprano's Scratchpad

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Brava, Klara!

Just last month, I wrote about the tremendous positive impact that of one of my voice teachers, Klara Barlow, had on my development as a singer. (See What I need) She was my teacher at IU and is easily the best teacher I ever had.

For years, I have wondered what became of her - she was elderly when I studied with her 9 years ago. I received a message through MySpace today from a friend of hers (a stranger to me, though) telling me that Ms. Barlow passed away last month at the age of 79.

The announcement in OPERA NEWS: http://www.metoperafamily.org/operanews/news/pressrelease.aspx?id=1496

I offer my condolences to her close friends and family. To anyone fortunate enough to have known her well and long, this is a great loss.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home