A Soprano's Scratchpad

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I'm THIRTY!

It's taken me six months to get used to the idea, but I am finally ready to be 30. I'm not ready to be 35 or 40, but I don't have to be.

It was a very nice birthday. Eric took the whole day off - both day and night shifts - to spend with me. He took me to breakfast at IHOP. Lots of friends and family called, which made me feel loved, and that's what birthdays are for, right?

In the evening, we went to a wine dinner with my parents at The Bent Noodle. The wines were all from Tuscany. The meal was excellent, as were some of the wines.

The sudden heavy snowfall was a nice touch, too. :-)

I love my birthday. :-) It's a feel-good day.

2 Comments:

  • At 1/31/2008 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I feel dumb. I didn't forget; I had the information recorded incorrectly in my address book! I was thinking that you wouldn't turn 30 until today. :( Christianne can confirm; last night, I told her, "Send Ellie a note (tomorrow); she will be turning 30."

    So, happy birthday a day late! It sounds like you had a wonderful day, and I'll extend your birthday a bit by giving you a call when it's a bit more appropriate for your time zone.

     
  • At 1/31/2008 8:53 AM, Blogger Christianne said…

    I confirm John's comment!

    I'm glad you are ready to be 30. I've been 30 for 8 months, and I'm still not ready! ;)

    Happy Brithday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home