A Soprano's Scratchpad

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Things change



Well, now that I've graduated, I have to update my blog profile. Until now, it has read: "I am a Christian, happily married, and the "mother" of four wonderful cats. I am privileged to have one of the best jobs - I teach singing, piano and music theory. I am presently pursuing a master's degree in Music Education at the University of Northern Colorado. And I own every episode of "I Love Lucy" on both VHS and DVD."

I am presently trying to sell the I Love Lucy VHS collection at the insistence of my husband. 60 VHS tapes (3 episodes per tape) take up a LOT of space, whereas the same collection on DVD takes up very little space. That's when it occurred to me that I really had something unique that is no longer special. I had the complete set of I Love Lucy long before they started releasing entire television series on DVD. Now everyone and their cousin seems to own every episode of "Friends" on DVD, but when VHS was still the media of choice, owning an entire series was a considerable novelty. How things change!

2 Comments:

  • At 12/16/2007 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I noticed the trail of cat litter and the cat's rump.

    This is where your husband makes you keep your beloved "I Love Lucy" collection - A cat's lavatory.

    On the other hand your cats seem to have entertainment that's easily accessible to their box.

     
  • At 12/16/2007 10:02 PM, Blogger DenverSop said…

    Wow... you examined that photo really closely! We live in a pretty small house with four cats, so there's a cat's rump almost anywhere you look. The photo was taken in the guest bedroom, which by necessity hosts one of the litter boxes when there is no guest sleeping there. The ionic air purifier in that room works so well, you wouldn't know the box was in there if you couldn't see it. And the videos were in a cabinet until very recently - no ratting on my hubby. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home