A Soprano's Scratchpad

Saturday, September 15, 2007

CAUTION: Cerebral Overload!

Wow... this is frustrating... It's only 9:30, but I think it's time to call it a night.

Ever try to read something, and you get through a few paragraphs and realize that you haven't absorbed a word? So you start all over again, get to the same darn spot, and realize you still haven't absorbed a word? You go back once again and try it one sentence at a time... you understand what all the words mean, and you are vaguely aware that at any other moment this sentence would make perfect sense, but for some reason you can't put those words together to construct that one simple idea the author is trying to communicate? And suddenly you realize you're wasting your time. It's very noble to be studious, to buckle down and try do your work when you're sick, tired and otherwise distracted, but sometimes you would be just as productive staring at the wall.

My brain is full. I'm going to bed.

2 Comments:

  • At 9/16/2007 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I recall that feeling very well, and I think you made the right choice. :) I can recall putting myself to that point for our M402 study group a couple of times. It actually made my brain physically hurt, and then the notecard on which I was writing stopped making collective sense. I can't believe that we put ourselves through that!

    I hope that the rest has helped you. I'm sorry to hear that you're this tired already.

     
  • At 9/16/2007 5:55 PM, Blogger DenverSop said…

    Oh, gosh, I know! I worked harder for the B I got in M402 than I ever did for an A in anything else. I think it would have helped some if we could have listened to more of the listening examples at home instead of having to wait to get on a computer in the library. I think they have fixed that shortcoming since then.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home