A Soprano's Scratchpad

Sunday, August 26, 2007

What a perfect day!

Remember "My Perfect Day" that I wrote in 1990? If I were to rewrite that essay today, it would look just like today. (Talk about a mood swing! I took my rainy day mix out of the CD player and listened to Caedmon's Call: 40 Acres all the way to Loveland.)

First, Eric and I went to church. It was a worship morning in Sunday School, so it really gave me a chance to settle down and reconnect with God. I know it's for God, but I really needed it.

I went directly from church to a rehearsal with my quartet - you know, the one singing Peter Tchaichovsky and Elton John quartets for an upcoming recital? My voice was all warmed up from worship. As always, it was a fun rehearsal.

I bolted from there up to Loveland for a recital featuring Vale Rideout, tenor, singing Schubert's "Die Winterreise," which is a beautifully depressing song cycle. It was performed expertly - the diction, the technique, the musicality, all of it. I thoroughly enjoyed it. My best friend joined me for this.

After the recital, we went to my bf's house and met up with her husband and another good friend of mine, and we all went out to dinner and just had an awesome time being together. The husband also introduced me to this video game thing called "Guitar Hero" which is kind of like "Dance Dance Revolution" except playing a toy guitar instead of dancing - it's awesome! I've got to get Eric to try it sometime.

I'm spending the night up here - it's been ages since I've spent the night with my bf!! Staying up here and driving to Greeley in the morning for my first day of my last semester... well, altogether it saves me at least 2 and a half hours of driving. I'm all for that. Plus the extra social time. What a perfect day!!

1 Comments:

  • At 8/27/2007 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It sounds like you had a really wonderful Sunday. It sounds like it was filled with good music and good fellowship. We all need days like that.

    Congrats on starting the last semester. It is always good to be able to see the finish line.
    ~BPP

     

Post a Comment

<< Home