A Soprano's Scratchpad

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Two thumbs up!

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Outstanding! Perhaps the best movie I've ever seen.

Story: Well, duh - of course the story was stellar. The screenwriters did a pretty amazing job of condensing the book into a 138 minute film, plus there's some fine humor in it.

Casting: Perfect! Especially for the character of Dolores Umbridge. What a hoot! And what I wouldn't do for a set of her plates with the moving, mewing kittens on them!

Soundtrack: Excellent! And very fitting, especially in terms of emotional effect. I may have to buy the CD.

Effects: WOW. Don't wait for this one to come out on DVD - you need to see it on the big screen. Some of the effects are breathtaking and the small screen will never do them justice. I've never really cared an ounce about special effects in movies, but in this case, they added tremendously to the overall experience.

Final word: I'm going to see it again!

1 Comments:

  • At 7/19/2007 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the review! I can't wait to get Book 7 myself; I think I'll cling to every page of it before seeing the movie. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home