A Soprano's Scratchpad

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Bilingual beef

I suppose that subject heading could be interpretted a variety of fun ways, but my beef is with everything being printed in two languages. My phone books are twice as thick as they need to be because they print the whole thing in English and then if you flip it over and start from the "back," you get the whole thing in Spanish. Well, this is the final straw. The quick reference guide for my notation software is written in PC/Windows, and then if you flip it over and start from the back, you get the whole thing in MACINTOSH! The inhumanity!!



Disclaimer: This posting is entirely tongue-in-cheek.... poking fun at recent immigration issues just for fun and not making any political statement. Heck, if I had studied Spanish instead of German, I'd probably get a real kick out of the bilingual phone book.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 6/22/2007 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That went a totally different way than I expected; thanks for the laugh! Of course, do know that Christianne and I are Mac people... but we still love you anyway. :)

     
  • At 6/22/2007 9:24 AM, Blogger Christianne said…

    LOL! Our phone books aren't bilingual, yet, but it's always interesting trying to find our language on the fold-out instruction manuals that they print in something like 6 languages. Our eternal melting pot... without as much melting as could be taking place. ;)

    Now, if we could get cows to be bilingual, that would be an accomplishment!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home