A Soprano's Scratchpad

Sunday, June 03, 2007

"My Perfect Day"

"My Perfect Day"
by Ellie Veigel
May 14, 1990
My perfect day would begin by waking up in my bed in a clean room on a warm, sunny summer morning and smelling homemade french toast from the kitchen. I'd walk downstairs to the kitchen finding Mom at the stove and my brother and dad at the table. As I walk in, I am greeted by pleasant family members and chirping birds in the window.
After breakfast, our family would go on a 3-hour bike ride all through Grandview. When we returned, Mom would fix grilled cheese sandwiches and bean soup for lunch while the rest of us played frisbee in the backyard till she called us all in for lunch.
After lunch, I would read a book on the deck until I would leave to spend the evening, night and rest of the afternoon at Mandia's. We would play the spin game and lots of other silly stuff till dinner. After dinner, we would ride our bikes down to Super Saver Cinema to see The Little Mermaid. It would be my second time and her first. It would be dark when we left, but we'd get home o.k. Then we'd play around till around eleven. At eleven, we'd sleep in a tent in her backyard.
The End
Note: I have other favorite things, but if I did them all in one day, I'd die of exhaustion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home