A Soprano's Scratchpad

Sunday, June 03, 2007

What else is up?

I hope you enjoyed "My Perfect Day" - Eric and I have been doing a lot of "spring cleaning" and I happened to come across that in a box the other day. I still lived in Ohio when I wrote that. My parents had already been divorced for three years, but other than that, it was all feasible. It's neat to look back and see what I valued then and to see my old writing style. I'll have you know that I only added a couple of commas - I did not have to correct any misspellings. (Did I spell that right?)

I also found a copy of my Christmas letter from 1998. That was rather humorous. I was about a year away from graduating from IU and looking ahead to post-graduation life: "Right now I'm planning to move to Nashville after I graduate to pursue some sort of performing/recording career there. But God has taught me not to make plans. So, I'll go wherever He sends me." Hehe....good thing I was flexible! I haven't even been to Nashville since I wrote that letter, let alone moved there!

Other than spring cleaning, what are we up to?

1) Today was my studio recital. The kids did a great job - I was proud of them.

2) We are getting our house painted. They start prep work tomorrow and will start painting probably late in the week. It will be blue with white trim. The blue will actually be pretty similar to the original color, but it will look quite different because the original paint faded a lot over the years. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

3) We are finally upgrading from dial-up to high speed internet. I can hardly wait! I finally decided that high speed is no longer just a luxury. It is getting increasingly difficult to be productive online at 56K (Remember when 56K was really fast?), and I lost an opportunity to make $150 in a focus group last week because I didn't have high speed. The good news is that Eric's company will be paying for it. Otherwise, I couldn't afford it. (It costs more than 4x what I've been paying for dial-up!) Eric probably could, but he hardly ever uses it - he gets enough of the internet at work. But he occasionally needs to log in from home when they call him at odd hours, and they were getting tired of his slow connection. Works for me.

4) I am teaching a vocal master class this summer in Golden in collaboration with a longtime friend and colleague who teaches piano. I'm really looking forward to it - we have an outstanding group of 8 students signed up. Allison and I work really well together - we've collaborated in a variety of ways in the past - and I am a much better teacher when I don't have to play the piano and listen/teach at the same time, so this will be awesome!

5) My dad and stepmom are coming out for a 2-week visit in July. They haven't been out to Colorado since my wedding, and we were all really busy that week, so I am really looking forward to their visit. We're going to take them to the Renaissance Festival, which is where Eric took me on our first date, and we'll spend a few days in Durango, which is where Eric went to college, so my dad can ride the famous trains.

That's the scoop for now. Drop me a line so I know you haven't given up on reading my sporadic blogging. :-)

1 Comments:

  • At 6/04/2007 6:13 PM, Blogger Christianne said…

    Haven't given up! I like your perfect day. Now, my perfect day would be spent entirely with my husband at the shore or something. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home