A Soprano's Scratchpad

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Summer stuff

There hasn't necessarily been anything noteworthy going on, but I feel compelled to keep in touch regardless, still believing that periodically someone other than my regulars (JPL, CBL, SBP, MRM & RWM) read it.

Perhaps the best part of my summer has been playing Pinochle on Tuesday nights. I first played Pinochle with my dormmates my freshman year at Indiana. Those were happy memories. I have always especially enjoyed the game ever since - never mind that I have always loved playing cards anyway. But in addition to playing my favorite card game, I have the opportunity to fellowship with good friends and simply relax and be myself. My only regrets are that I haven't been able to talk Eric into joining me yet and that it won't continue regularly in the fall. And summer is winding down.

I am also engaged in some musical activities this summer other than teaching. The master class Allison and I were teaching finished up with a recital on Sunday. We had such a blast teaching that class - I can hardly wait to do another one.

I am also singing a couple of quartet numbers with three girlfriends.... the opening quartet from Eugene Onegin and "My Strongest Suit" from Elton John's Aida. Hehe...yes, some variety in there! We're preparing these for a recital.

I am also originating the role of "Nan" in a new (very new - not even finished!) opera by a local composer. He's applying for a grant and therefore needed some local artists to help him record Act I for submission.

That's what I've been up to. Ooo - that and I built my resonator - remind me to tell you about that later - it's awesome - but I am out of time for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home