A Soprano's Scratchpad

Friday, September 07, 2007

Not from 'round here?

This afternoon I was observing a choral rehearsal conducted by my conducting professor. The basses were displaying a certain degree of rhythmic incompetence, prompting the exasperated professor to state, "I don't know how it is where you come from, but in Colorado those white notes get 2 beats." It was said in good humor, and I found it amusing.

School is going well. I seem to be ahead of the curve right now in terms of workload, but I am not letting it fool me into slowing down. There's a long way to go and a lot of term paper research that needs to be spread out over the next several weeks. Beyond that, however, I have nothing noteworthy to report.

1 Comments:

  • At 9/08/2007 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have faith you'll stay on top of things. Hopefully you won't let school get in the way of the occasional fun.
    ~BPP

     

Post a Comment

<< Home