A Soprano's Scratchpad

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

"Almost Famous"

The funniest/niftiest thing happened this afternoon up at UNC. I dropped by to see my advisor in the afternoon, and he handed me a videotape and asked if I recognized it. The label said "Colorado Arts Alliance" and I knew it was the arts advocacy video that Channel 9 did my senior year in high school (back in 1996) in which I am featured, interviewed, etc. Apparently he's been showing this video to a particular music ed class of his for years, but hadn't shown it since I came to UNC. He played it for his class this morning and several of the undergrads recognized me from last semester's guitar class. Dr. Harding was just as surprised as they were!

Just last week, another of my professors referred to my 2-year-old amazon.com review on a new textbook she's added to the course.

It makes me smile. And it makes me feel like I've been around forever!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home