A Soprano's Scratchpad

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Storm update

Well, the measurement this morning was only 44" because the wind stopped blowing, but the snow hasn't let up for a moment. It's exciting. :-) It reminds me of the blizzard we got just a month after our wedding in 2003. Nine months later, when I went Christmas caroling at the hospital, the maternity ward was overflowing!


Here are some pictures.... I am reposting the shot of the backdoor from yesterday so you can see it against the one from this morning. Also, a picture of the front. My car, you'll notice, is totally buried. Eric's is still visible because he didn't get home until around 2pm yesterday. And FYI, the house across the street does not have a big hill in the front yard - it's usually quite flat.

3 Comments:

  • At 12/21/2006 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow. That's pretty incredible.

     
  • At 12/26/2006 3:45 PM, Blogger Ward said…

    For a second there, I was going to ask you how the 06 blizzard comared to the midwest (Ohio) blizzard of 1978. Then I thought about that for a second. :) So, how fast was the wind?

     
  • At 12/26/2006 4:01 PM, Blogger DenverSop said…

    Ok, that's really weird, Ward. I had to go back and read my postings to be sure I hadn't mentioned it.... I was born in Ohio right in the midst of the '78 blizzard. Did you already know that?

    I never heard how fast the wind was. I don't think the issue was its speed as much as its constancy that created the drifts.

    Is constancy a word?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home