A Soprano's Scratchpad

Friday, November 10, 2006

Hanging in there

It's hard to believe I don't have class again for 2 1/2 weeks. Fortunately, I'm about two weeks ahead in everything except guitar. And housecleaning. I'm about two months behind in housecleaning, and it drives me nuts.

Yesterday (Wed) was tough. I broke the washing machine. I blame it on Trisket. He keeps peeing on the bathroom rug when he feels his box is too messy. (I've never seen such a picky cat.) I keep washing the rug. It's a shag rug, and lots of yarn comes out of it when it gets washed. Mind you, the rug never seems to lose any, but the washer is always full of it. I've been washing it in a pillow case, but to no avail. The yarn wound itself around the gears in the water pump and broke the seal. Eric replaced the water pump only to find that the seal from the hose is broken, too. So, tomorrow we welcome a new washer and dryer into our home (to the tune of way too much money). After all, I need to wash some clothes if I plan to wear any in Rome. And I do plan to wear clothes in Rome. Anyhow, it's all Trisket's fault.

And the studio recital this weekend.... well, the program is getting shorter. Two students pulled out early on due to other commitments. Then I pulled myself from the program because I've been internalizing my stress, so I'm wound up tighter than an 8-day clock, and body tension is like poison to singing - it blocks the flow of the breath. My teacher and I decided it was a bad idea for me to present myself in front of all my students and their parents as the quintessential example of bad technique. And this afternoon, two more students canceled due to significant illnesses. And my accompanist is sick and has completely lost her voice. She came tonight and played the dress rehearsal anyway (pianists can get away with that - singers can't), and I am desperately praying that the rest of us don't get sick.

The good news is that my sweet Eric remembered to tape my Thursday night programs. We usually watch TV together on Thursdays: Survivor, CSI:Las Vegas, and Shark - back to back to back. It's the only day of the week you'll find me anywhere near the TV. (Well, I used to dust it now and then, but lately....)

So, that's about it. It's time to start packing. Arrivederci!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home