A Soprano's Scratchpad

Thursday, October 19, 2006

School daze

I took my piano proficiency this morning. I'm afraid those professors probably think I shouldn't be teaching piano. But let's look at the mitigating circumstances.... it was at 7:45 AM, which means I had to leave the house by 6:15. And in the ten years that I studied piano, I never had a recital. I can sing in front of anyone, but playing the piano for people scares me to death. I can accompany my students, probably because the attention is not on my playing, but their singing. But this morning, my heart was thumping and my hands were shaking, and of course, I passed easily, but it was not one of my finer performances.

In my special ed class, we were assigned group presentation topics and presentation dates. Mine is Oct 31st, the exact same day as my other group presentation. Two group presentations this semester and they're both on the same day! Lucky me. Good to get them out of the way, I suppose. Oddly enough, they are very similar presentations involving how to apply material we have learned in class to the state standards for our content areas (Music, for me), but one is geared toward the average student and the other toward a student with Asperger's Syndrome.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home