A Soprano's Scratchpad

Friday, September 29, 2006

Not again!

It's the second time in about 2 years that one of our favorite restaurants has closed!

First it was our favorite Italian place, Zio's. They closed their Aurora location. Fortunately, we can still visit their Colorado Springs location whenever we happen to be down there.

Now, it's our favorite Cajun place, Bourbon Street. They're the only place in town I know of that served Fried Dill Pickle Spears, just the way I love 'em. Bayou Bob's serves Fried Pickle Chips, but it's really not the same. Now I have to go all the way to Bloomington, IN to the Trojan Horse to get 'em the way I like 'em.

And I'm not going to tell you what my other favorite restaraunt is. Don't want to jinx it!

1 Comments:

  • At 9/29/2006 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

    Jo and I experienced a similar loss. It was still a young restaraunt when it passed away. So very young. The loss was harder on Jo, she's so passionate about food, coming from New York. She doesn't talk about it, but I know that she thinks about it often, she grew quite attached to the wine tasting menu. I don't think she believes she'll ever eat another crab stuffed with yogurt and fruit again..... I'm sorry, this is hard to (sigh) talk about. We still can't bring ourselves to use the word, "sommelier" in a sentence. We....never..(sniff). ..learned....to....pronounce it..(sob)..properly...

    You never realize how precious the little things are until they're gone...

    BAAAAWWWW!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home