A Soprano's Scratchpad

Monday, November 20, 2006

My trip concludes

Home again, home again! Arrivederci Roma, hello Denver!

Just got back a couple hours ago. Traveling home was much easier than traveling to Rome. There were only two flights instead of four, and although we had to run to make our connection in Atlanta, we did all get on the plane this time and did not therefore have to be rerouted. And with one unfortunate exception, all of our luggage arrived, as well.

Yesterday morning was interesting. Without warning, something strange happened to my vision. Suddenly I could not focus on anything more than 18 inches from my face. My eyes felt like they were crossing, but they weren't. It was obnoxious and lasted about 2 1/2 hours. I found out later that this is a known (although rare) side-effect of the antibiotic I was taking.

Last night was a huge success. The entire concert went extremely well, and the solo quartet got its own standing ovation even though it was in the middle of the concert. It was the most appreciative applause I can remember, and it will stay with me for a long time. Our quartet has a unique chemistry, both vocally and relationally, that is very special. Add to that the breathtaking acoustics of Rome's St. Ignatius Church, and you get something magical. The whole evening was a perfect finish for the trip, which was (from Thursday onward) a really great time.

2 Comments:

  • At 11/21/2006 7:24 AM, Blogger Mellifluous said…

    Hooray! :) So, what did you end up getting for Eric?

     
  • At 11/21/2006 7:50 AM, Blogger DenverSop said…

    Oh yes! I got him some Ferrari cologne! It smells really nice, but mostly I was going for the label. (Since I still can't buy him a real Ferrari!) After all, I'm not really paying for cologne; I'm paying for the means to show my husband that I missed him and thought about him while I was away. And he seemed really pleased with it. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home