A Soprano's Scratchpad

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

My so-far successful diet

I know, I know....I'm not "fat," but I weighed 110 pounds for well over a decade and then in the last three years, I added 36 pounds, without changing my habits. I started exercising regularly, and I still continued to put on weight! And yes, I've checked, I'm not pregnant. So, I finally decided I needed to watch my diet. I started keeping a log of how many calories I took in each day, and the mere act of keeping track was incentive for me to eat smaller portions. Sometimes I can't believe how many calories are in tiny amounts of my favorite foods! But it worked. I started counting calories on June 5th. In the first five days, I lost 7 lbs, without starving myself. Since then, I've lost only two more, but I expected it to slow down considerably after the first week to a more healthy rate. I'm mostly glad to see that I'm not gaining anymore and I'm slowly, but steadily losing some weight. My goal is to be a healthy 125 lbs.

1 Comments:

  • At 7/09/2006 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    (shakes head) I havn't been 110 pounds since 6th grade! Oh well, you look great anyway. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home