A Soprano's Scratchpad

Sunday, April 16, 2006

James 5:16

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed." - James 5:16

On Good Friday, my Lord willingly died for my crimes, but I, consumed with worldly issues, barely acknowledged Him. On Easter Sunday, my Lord rose from the dead, proving His divinity and His ability to fulfill His promises. And I overslept and missed the annual celebration of the greatest event in all history.

I felt the weight of my guilt and shame, but my Lord said "Rejoice! I have lifted your heavy burden!" I wrote of my transgression in my journal to be remembered, but my Lord said, "Child, I remember it no more." Satan tempts me to punish myself so I will feel that I have made it up to God, but my Lord says, "Beloved, this is what it's all about. I died for moments like these."

I have experienced Easter today. My sin was my choice, not the Lord's. Yet, "He works all things together for the good of those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

Thank you, mericiful Lord for forgiving my horrible neglect of your incredible sacrifice. I am humbled in Your presence. I love you, Lord, and I want to honor you. Refocus my mind, and help me love you and honor you more.
Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home