A Soprano's Scratchpad

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Time of my life

We had an AWESOME time in Orlando! I could talk about it at great length, (and did in my diary!) but I have sooo much Bach to rehearse for this Saturday's performance. To summarize, at Discovery Cove, we swam with, rode, hugged, kissed and fed a dolphin named Natasha, swam with rays and tropical fish, and fed tropical birds. I especially enjoyed petting and hand-feeding the sting rays. We also had a blast at SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, and the resort where we stayed. We traveled with two of my good friends from college and got to visit briefly with another who lives down there. Here are a couple of pictures from our day at Discovery Cove.

4 Comments:

  • At 5/17/2006 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's so cool! Swimming with dolphins sounds like a lot of fun.

    I did some traveling last week too, though it wasn't as exciting as your trip sounds. (It was a business trip.) However, I did get to visit Cheree and meet her husband.

     
  • At 5/18/2006 8:47 AM, Blogger Mellifluous said…

    I didn't see Disney on your list...did you run out of time?

     
  • At 5/18/2006 10:39 AM, Blogger DenverSop said…

    No, a few weeks before we left we pared down the list of places we wanted to visit. Discovery Cove was at the top of our list, and admission to the other two parks was included with Discovery Cove, so that made our decision for us. And we divided things up so we had a couple of days to just relax at the resort and enjoy all their activities.

     
  • At 5/18/2006 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did the dolphin have tuna breath? Did the kiss make Eric jealous? Did he try to make you jealous by hugging a herring?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home