A Soprano's Scratchpad

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Greeley, here I come!

Ok, so I've finally wrapped my mind around the idea that I am actually going to grad school in the fall. After being turned down by CU and unable to afford DU, it had kind of lost the reality feel. But yesterday, I got a letter that I have been awarded a graduate assistantship at UNC which will pay nearly half of my in-state tuition. I will have to give up part of my private studio, but will be able to maintain a good portion of my schedule and favorite students. I started registering for classes last night. It's really going to happen. Yay!

3 Comments:

  • At 4/22/2006 1:27 PM, Blogger Mellifluous said…

    I guess you can call that Greality. At least that is what we always called it in Undergrad. I'm so excited that you are going to my Alma Mater. :)

     
  • At 4/24/2006 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YAY!!! Congrats!!!!!!
    I also received a TA for next year! Life, it is definitely going the way it should!

     
  • At 4/24/2006 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    An underage UNC Bear enters a bar and orders a beer. The bartender tells him, "Sorry we don't serve beers to underage Bears in this bar."

    Angry, the Bear banged on the bar and demanded his beer.

    The bartender says, "No. We don't serve beers to underage Bears in this bar, especially Bears who bang on bars."

    The angry Bear lashes out and bashes the barmaid.

    The bartender says, "You're still not getting any. We don't serve beers to Bears, especially Bears who bang on bars and bash barmaids."

    Livid, the Bear bellows to the bartender to bring him his beer.

    The barman replies, "Sorry. We don't serve beers to Bears at this bar, especially not to Bears who bang on bars, bash barmaids, and bellow at bartenders."

    In his exasperated frustration, the Bear bites the bar.

    The bartender says, "That's it. You're out of here. We don't serve Bears who are on drugs."

    The Bear says, "On drugs? I'm not on drugs."

    The barman says, "I saw the bar bit you ate."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home