A Soprano's Scratchpad

Friday, May 05, 2006

I knew I was forgetting something!

Tonight is opening night for Loveland Opera Theatre. I'm really looking forward to it. I've had a lot of fun preparing these scenes, and it's been an honor to cooperate with such talented artists.

Last night's dress rehearsal went pretty well, as we adjusted to our new performing space. We weren't able to get into the theatre until 6:00, which is when we needed to begin our lighting test. So, Juliana asked those of us in the first scene to arrive already in costume so we could start right away. I took the costume home the rehearsal before so I could be ready, and I drove an hour and half from Aurora to Loveland with that !&#$^ bodice poking me in the armpits all the way. Later, ss I got dressed for the final scene, it suddenly hit me - I forgot to bring clothes to wear home! Fortunately, I was able to talk Juliana into letting me wear my simplest costume home, but I got a good laugh at myself first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home