A Soprano's Scratchpad

Friday, June 20, 2008

Another unexpected visitor - pleasant surprise!

Yesterday afternoon, just before my first afternoon student, I got a call from my college roommate, who is presently a flight attendant for Delta Airlines. All the flights back to her hometown were booked, so she thought she might fly into Denver to spend the night if I was going to be around. :-) I hadn't seen her in a few years, so this was very special. We stayed up really late chatting, just like the good old days, even though her day had started in Rome some 24 hours earlier.

This morning, we "fiddled" around with my violin and got it more or less back in tune and then played some of our old favorites with me playing the piano accompaniment and her on violin solo. Fun stuff! And she accompanied me on "Go Tell Aunt Rhody" from Suzuki Violin volume 1. I've been really longing to pull out my violin for quite some time, but I didn't feel I could justify playing the violin for fun when I wasn't getting my singing practice in. I don't know that I'm going to bother guilt-tripping myself anymore. Besides, the poor violin suffered from being silent so long, so I need to keep it in shape. :-) Don't worry about Eric, though - I know better than to practice while he's home!

So, anyhow, I just got back from the airport. Roomie had to be back in Cincy by 8pm, and with the time difference and all, 2pm was the latest she could really afford to leave. It was such a wonderful 16 hours, though. It made me feel good to reconnect with her and with all the memories we have together.

JPL & CBL... I told her when you would be out here to visit just in case it works out for her to drop in that week. She wasn't sure she could swing it, but we'll see!

1 Comments:

  • At 6/20/2008 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's neat! For which airline is she working right now? If she can manage such a layover while we're visiting you, that would be great. If not, she's always welcomed to do a similar layover with us if she can schedule one through the Philadelphia or Newark airports.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home