A Soprano's Scratchpad

Friday, May 09, 2008

Nostalgia and a small world

So, based on my last posting, you can imagine I am feeling nostaligic about my children's choir days. So, I decided to look them up on the web. I had heard that a handful of years ago the children's choir split from the symphony and became an independent organization, the Columbus Childrens Choir. It has grown from the one choir it was in my days to NINE choirs. They are still under the direction of Dr. Sandra Mathias, who conducted my first audition and was the only director the CSOCC ever had.

Even cooler, the CCC website has an alumni section where they list what the alums are up to. I have, of course, just submitted my info. In the meanwhile, however, I found the names of dozens of people I remember. Of course, in my memory, they are all still 8 to 13 years old, so reading about their accomplishments is mind-boggling. One of my fellow charter members, David Ayers, played Fiyero in Wicked on Broadway!

But it gets weirder... in Googling David to find out what he's up to, I found that he is co-founder of Broadway in Boulder....he freakin' lives in Colorado now! I think I will try to call him tomorrow and see if he remembers me. He used to sit right behind me, and I've never been a wallflower, right?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home