A Soprano's Scratchpad

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Closing performance

It's finished now - we just gave our last performance of The Pearl Fishers. I am going to miss it terribly - the music, the costumes, even the schedule! And most especially, the other choristers. Despite the great demands, I feel that Opera Colorado respects its performers and treats them well, plus it brings together some of the best talent in the region, which keeps things both exciting and challenging. This whole experience has been wonderful.

Today, my husband and his parents were in the audience, so I was especially glad that I felt today was one of my best performances overall. After I got out of my costume, I brought them backstage and showed them around a bit and introduced them to a few people before taking off my makeup, and then we went to dinner at Racine's. I'm glad my husband finally got to see what I've been working so hard at for the last 6 weeks.

Tonight I'm headed to bed early. This crazy schedule has caught up with me. But I will fall asleep with feelings of peace, joy and accomplishment.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home