A Soprano's Scratchpad

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

First Dress Rehearsal

Tonight was fun! Many would say I won the award for being the least recognizeable in costume. At least two people said they had to ask someone who I was. That was neat. I can definitely tell it's me when I look at the pictures, but I had doubts when I looked in the mirror sometimes. I was relieved to find myself still under there at the end of it all!




I have a long braid down my back, though you can't see it in the pictures here. And I'm am debating whether to add some exotic blue eye shadow. I have two more dress rehearsals in which to figure that out. Oddly enough, I am the only female wearing pants and the only female with a hat. It's a unique costume.

The rehearsal was interesting. It was a totally new experience to see it with everyone in their beautiful costumes. Both of my sandals broke in the first scene, which left me barefoot until intermission. Go figure, the first time I go without shoes is the first time someone steps on my foot.

As for my 16-year-old stage boyfriend, we almost didn't recognize each other when we first saw each other on stage. And I had forgotten his costume is little more than a large diaper, so I had to get used to him being practically naked. Hey, they say it gets rather warm in Sri Lanka, and he is supposed to be a pearl diver, after all.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 2/10/2009 6:33 AM, Blogger Sandy P said…

    Thanks for posting the pictures. And you're right, it would have been way too hard to try to find you onstage without knowing what you'd look like ahead of time.

    The costume looks like a lot of fun!

     
  • At 2/10/2009 10:24 AM, Blogger Sara said…

    I almost spit coffee on my keyboard when I read about the large diaper.

    You are super cute. I'm going to start belting my jackets. :o)

     
  • At 2/17/2009 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the digs, Sugar. Hope everything goes well with the production. Love, Dad

     

Post a Comment

<< Home