A Soprano's Scratchpad

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Back in time

This morning, Dad and I rode to my hometown for breakfast at the donut shop a few doors down from the house where I grew up. I saw a few people I knew in the old class pictures on the wall. After breakfast, we walked down the block and looked at the house. The owners, we noticed, were working in the backyard - middle of the day on a Tuesday, would you believe! So, we said "Hello, we used to live here 17 years ago," and the guy gave us a tour of the house. It has changed tremendously in 17 years - walls have been moved, for example - but many things are also quite the same, like the original 83-year-old hardwood floors and the doors with skeleton keyholes. The guy had only lived there 6 months, and all the work had been done prior to his purchase of the home, so as we went along, we told him where the walls used to be and how things had changed. It was really strange walking through my old house again after all this time - the rooms were all smaller than I had remembered them - but what a neat experience.

Then we went down to Wyman Woods and found a geocache. :-) It had a travel bug in it. My first travel bug! I'll take it back to Colorado with me and deposit it there somewhere.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 7/08/2008 1:02 PM, Blogger DenverSop said…

    Ha! I thought I was going to be COOL taking a travel bug from Ohio to Colorado...turns out this one STARTED in Colorado a little over a month ago. So, I'm just taking it back to its home state!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home