A Soprano's Scratchpad

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

On to Columbus... not a great start.

I got into Columbus yesterday afternoon and met up with Dad & Eric. My throat had been growing increasingly sore over the last two days. My throat is absolutely raw, so anything remotely acidic makes it burn, and it hurts to swallow. Then, I spent most of the nighttime hours praying to the porcelain god. This left me exhausted and, more importantly, extremely dehydrated so that I could neither sit nor stand without becoming dizzy and nausesous. I stayed home while Dad & Eric went to the cheese factory and the winery, and when they got home, we went to urgent care where I got a liter of IV fluids to give me a good start at rehydrating. Strep test, sadly, came back negative, which means I'm fighting a virus rather than a bacteria that could be easily dealt with via antibiotic. Darnit. So, I'm glad this wasn't supposed to be a short visit. I can take some time to get well and still enjoy time with the family. Grateful this bug waited until the conference was over, at any rate.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home