A Soprano's Scratchpad

Saturday, February 24, 2007

They make me so proud...

The first of my voice students to ever leave my studio for music school (college) was Shina, who is now in her 2nd year at my alma mater, Indiana University. She had studied with me three years. The second of my voice students to leave my studio for music school will be Kristina, who was today accepted into the voice performance program at my current school, University of Northern Colorado. She has also studied with me three years.

Her audition was this morning. Before she even left the room, they accepted her to the performance program and offered her a scholarship!! I've never even heard of schools accepting students on the spot without any consultation with one another whatsoever. I am so proud of her! And she made me look really good in front of a bunch of voice professors at UNC. :-) I am looking forward to seeing her on campus next semester. :-)

3 Comments:

  • At 2/25/2007 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2/26/2007 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is really awesome news! Congratulations to you and to Kristina as well!

     
  • At 2/27/2007 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats Ellie, that's really great news!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home