A Soprano's Scratchpad

Thursday, August 31, 2006

My fingers hurt!

Yes, I had an earlier post with the same title, but then I was talking about hours at the piano. Now I'm talking about 15 minutes with the guitar. I'm taking a music education class on how to teach guitar, and as part of that, I have to learn to play the guitar, as well. (go figure!) I'm using Eric's classical guitar. I'm enjoying it, but it may well be the most physically painful course I have ever taken.

Overall, I am absolutely loving graduate school. It feels great to be learning on a large scale again. I have good professors and I love the collegiate atmosphere.

And the 75 minute drive is not too bad either. I am borrowing the first Harry Potter book on audio CD from the library (8 in the set) and a 75 minute CD works very well with a 75 minute drive. :-) I had been wanting to re-read the series and enjoy it from the all-knowing perspective. I'm finding some interesting foreshadowing that I had missed the first time through. And it makes those otherwise long commutes fly pleasantly by! :-)

2 Comments:

  • At 9/01/2006 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "It feels great to be learning on a large scale again."

    Quite apt for a musician, don't you think?

    How many intervals in a large scale?

     
  • At 9/01/2006 8:47 PM, Blogger DenverSop said…

    Hehehe.... clever. Depends on whether it's a large whole tone scale or a large chromatic scale, I suppose.

    I do hope I get to meet you some day. You have an entertaining sense of humor!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home