A Soprano's Scratchpad

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Highlights

Hello, I survived!
You know how I like to be thorough, but to write in any detail about today would require pages and pages, and my Lord knows I've written enough pages today, so here are the highlights:

1) I have a student ID again! Anyone up for a movie?

2) The music building and the education building a pretty far apart, and I'm really not sure I can make the walk in the 15 minutes I have between classes.... this could get interesting.

3) My advisor is thinking I should drop a couple of my undergrad ed classes and try to take the grad level ones later so the credits will count toward both of my programs. Still waiting for approval from someone at the ed school, so I probably won't know until sometime next week. The possibility of having to change my schedule this late in the game is uncomfortable.

4) Ran into my cousin a couple times on campus today. He's starting his freshman year next week in music. Music education, I think, actually. Percussion major. It's comforting to see a familiar face up there.

5) Oh yeah! The tests! Well, I didn't ace them and I didn't bomb them. They say they expect very few people to really ace the tests. I think I did really well, especially considering how long it's been since I learned this stuff and how little I was able to study. It's just hard to congratulate myself when my brain is still smoking from the ordeal! And there's all the things I missed that I know for certain I knew a few years ago! That's so frustrating!

So, it's finally starting to sink in that I am really a student again. Seeing all the parents on campus helping their kids move into the dorms reminded me a lot of my orientation days at IU. Kind of made me wish I was staying up there so I could really experience the campus life again, but I'm just in a different chapter of life now.

So, I can't say I feel much more relaxed about things yet - I think I need to get through the first week and figure out what this lifestyle is going to feel like. But, I've figured out a lot that I didn't know this morning. That's got to be worth something.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home