A Soprano's Scratchpad

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Back in the saddle again!

Yep, feeling better every day, and I got back on my bike this evening for some exercise. I rode the 6.8 miles from my house to my mom's house along the bike paths in Aurora, arriving just after dark. (Eric picked me up so I didn't have to ride home after dark.) It was a beautiful ride and it was nice to be back on the bike again. Riding on those paths is very relaxing, whereas riding along the streets is just stressful. And I am confident again that I can handle the triathlon on Sunday. I know it's going to be grueling, but somehow I'm still looking forward to it.

And tonight I saw another rainbow! This is the third day in a row I've seen a rainbow! And I really love rainbows - I am always in awe of them. Mankind has learned how to control so many things in the world, but he still cannot tell the sun when to rise and set, and he can't paint the sky with vibrant rainbows whenever he wants. We still depend on God for at least that much. I especially appreciate those things God gives me that the world simply can't.

2 Comments:

  • At 8/04/2006 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry, can't resist the urge for the snarky comment...

    I've been making rainbows with sprinklers and prisms since I was a kid, and making the sun rise and set whenever you want is simply a matter of either changing your location or moving enough mass.

     
  • At 8/04/2006 5:00 PM, Blogger DenverSop said…

    Yes, I agree it can be really fun trying to outrun the sun on an international flight. Or even better, on a space shuttle (I wish!). But sprinklers and prisms don't hold a candle to the full sky variety of rainbows.

    Out of curiosity, what natural phenomena (if any) make Sandy stand in awe?

    (I just knew someone was going to bring up sprinklers and crystals.... I should have known it would be the Space Cadet!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home